Your Ticket to Jewellery Bliss.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pelican, Crane, Swan...Flamingo!!!

CYT had old jewellery with precious gems such as emeralds, rubies, sapphires and diamonds and wanted a brooch. I decided to get inspired by nature and make her this Flamingo brooch using all her stones. I added a mother of pearl neck and a carahorn beak to give it texture.

The funny thing is, the workers didn't know what kind of bird it was so when I talked to the goldsmith, he would refer to it as "ibon", while the stone setter called it a pelican and the polisher referred to it as a swan.

I have to say....this FLAMINGO came out just the way I wanted it to and I am really happy. Kudos to the Jul B. Dizon Jewellery workers!


I even love the back details. You might not be able to see it but on its tail are the initials of the proud owner of the brooch.

No comments:

Post a Comment